:: Health ::
Disclaimer: Please use the following material at your own risk. All material provided by OzRes.com is intended for informative purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.
A Guide for Healthy Teeth
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day
2. Floss daily (without flossing, 35% still remains dirty apparently)
3. Use a fluoride toothpaste
4. Maintain a sensible diet
5. Minimise your intake of caffeine and soft drinks
6. Drink lots of water – fluoridated tap water is best (PDF: Fluoridation Facts)
7. Use an antiseptic mouthwash as directed (remember: this is *not a substitute*!)
8. Use sugarfree chewing gum
9. Don’t ignore early signs of problems
10. Visit your dentist regularly to prevent gum disease and tooth decay.
Free advice on all dental health care, products and services can be obtained on TUESDAY, 13 AUGUST 9am-9pm by calling the ADA’s Dental Awareness Month hotline number on freecall 1800 678 383.
Australian Dental Association: http://www.ada.org.au
Colostate: Dental Anatomy